Saturday, July 23, 2011

Easy on your eyes :)

I absolutly adore my cute little aviator sunglasses. Yet I have a bad habbit of scratching every pair of sunglasses I have ever had soo... Here is how to make a super easy sunglasses case.
First find some fabric that you like. I found alot lot....

For this project I chose the black with the blue circles. First step was I cut two strips that were 3 1/2" x  7" .


about 1 inch longer on each side of my glasses
Next  cut one of the strips in half this will make the lining.
Line up one of the smaller pieces to the long peice wrong sides out and sew along the short side. Make sure you back stich so that the stiches wont come undone. : )
yay! all stiched



Flattend like a pancake
 
Flaten out the seam so it wont bunch on you later. You can do it buy hand or use an iron if you want it smoother.
Do the same steps with the other small piece at the oppsite end of the long peice. Once you have that finished, fold the long pice in half like so...
And sew down each side. Leave the very end undone so you can turn it right side out.
Turn the whole thing right side out I used a chopstick to help me get the edges all striaght.
Then close the opening and tuck the lining piece insde the outer fabric.




all closed!


And thats it.... It Only takes around 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment